Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
To create a better world for animals through considerate adoption practices, a lifelong commitment to our foster animals, the promotion of spay/neuter practices, and ongoing community education.
Our Vision: Dreampower Animal Rescue Foundation envisions a compassionate world, where people value, respect, and provide a secure and loving quality of life for companion animals.
To accomplish our mission, we will...
- Rescue adoptable companion animals, offering suitable foster homes until permanent homes can be found.
- Give our animals as many chances as needed, taking them back if an adoption does not work out.
- Provide interim medical care as necessary.
- Require and encourage the spaying and neutering of companion animals.
- Have staff available for behavioral questions and training problems to assist the adopters.
- Educate the public to secure higher ideals of humanity toward all animals and increase awareness of the pet overpopulation tragedy.
- Cooperate and network with other animal welfare organizations and individuals world-wide.
Dreampower was founded in 1990. Dreampower Animal Rescue is a not-for-profit organization which takes homeless animals and gives them another chance at life. Our mission is to find permanent homes for animals in need, providing temporary care and shelter for animals in emergencies. Since our founding we have aided dogs, cats, donkeys, potbelly pigs, horses, rabbits, guinea pigs, hamsters, rats, ferrets and just as important, we have aided the people that care for them.
The basic foundation of our operation - and the reason for our success - lies in our volunteer foster home network. Each foster home provides a stress free, natural setting for animals to heal, socialize, and finally become ready for adoption. Each foster family conducts a one-on-one evaluation of the animal thus offering more opportunities for a better pairing with a particular adopter.
Adoptions take place at either the Dreampower office or at adoption fairs. Either way, the future adopter and adoptee (animal) may interact with each other up close and in a low stress environment.
Spaying, neutering, and vaccinations are required for all companion animals. Dreampower also provides medical attention where needed. Dreampower is most fortunate to receive partial assistance for medical help from a network of very caring veterinarians who volunteer their services.
Our commitment is for the lifetime of the animal. We are a no-kill organization. No animal is euthanized unless its quality of life is severely and permanently compromised by sickness or injury - as determined by a veterinarian or professional animal behaviorist.
- Volunteer Coordinator
- (719) 390-7838
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!