- Advocacy & Human Rights
- Children & Youth
- Crisis Support
- Homeless & Housing
Location20 International Drive, Suite 300Suite 300Portsmouth, NH 03801 United States
Our Mission: To prevent sexual assault, domestic violence and stalking and to support and empower women, men, youth and families to heal from abuse and rebuild their lives.
HAVEN, formerly known as A Safe Place and SASS officially merged in July of 2015 becoming the largest violence prevention and support services agency in New Hampshire.
The agency is dedicated to addressing public health through violence prevention and improving the well-being of children and families. Preventing abuse and providing support for those impacted by domestic and sexual violence can lead to healthier and more secure children and adults.
HAVEN is always looking for volunteers. Volunteers are integral to the organization and are utilized in all capacities.
Serving 48 towns and cities in Southeastern New Hampshire.
- 24-Hour Confidential Hotline 1-603-994-SAFE (7233)
- Advocate accompaniments to area hospitals, police stations, Child Advocacy Centers and local courts.
- Emergency shelter
- Safety planning and protective orders
- Referrals to other community resources as well as to local therapists specializing in trauma
- Support groups designed for adult victims and others affected by domestic and sexual violence including Trauma Sensitive Yoga
- Violence Prevention Education, Safe Kids Strong Teens, for children and teens K-12 Community outreach presentations