American Cancer Society
- Health & Medicine
LocationPO BOX 1070Williston, VT 05452 United States
The American Cancer Society's mission is to improve the lives of people with cancer and their families through advocacy, research, and patient support, to ensure everyone has an opportunity to prevent, detect, treat, and survive cancer.
A few hours of your day could make a lifesaving difference. Connect with us to learn more about Road To Recovery volunteer opportunities in your area.
Keep in mind that most rides are needed during Monday - Friday, primarily between 7:30 am and 5 pm. Drivers should have regular availability at some point during that time frame (you choose your availability).
If you own or have regular access to a safe, reliable vehicle, then you’re already on the road to volunteering. But you’ll also need:
- be between the ages of 18 and 84.
- possess a valid driver’s license and adequate automobile insurance.
- pass a background check and motor vehicle records check.
- be comfortable using technology and have reliable internet access.
- complete required training and follow through on ride commitments.
- display respect for diverse backgrounds, lifestyles, and cultures of the patients, their caregivers, other volunteers, and staff.
- Complie with current COVID precautions, including wearing a mask while driving wth patient
To learn more or sign up to volunteer, please visit www.cancer.org/drive or contact Kelly Woods at firstname.lastname@example.org.