GLEANINGS HOUSING INC
- Advocacy & Human Rights
- Homeless & Housing
Location645 HIGH STREETLEXINGTON, KY 40502 United States
Gleanings Housing, Inc, through partnering with the individuals in the community, desires to develop and sustain equitable rental housing designed for those challenged with low income. It is our goal to develop safe affordable rental housing in neighborhoods that increase access to a multitude of resources and provide case management services to ensure long term stability of housing.
Our goals include:
- Leveraging the use of private support to develop housing units so that profit is not a driving force - instead focus on developing units that do not require rent to cover the cost of mortgage of property or margin of profit. Rather allow the rent to be adjusted to the income of each household. Thus rent can cover maintenance and upkeep only of property.
- Developing single family units and small multi unit properties in various areas around town to increase the possible social network capacities for low income peoples.
- Ensuring safe and maintained properties - properties that bless.
- Providing an avenue for followers of Christ to support the poor and foreigner/alien in a manner that is respectful and empowering.
Our Achievements include:
- Two years of successfully using our model to house individuals.
- One completed property housing low-income women over the age of 50, in a communal living environment
- One property currently under construction that will consist of one three-bedroom/two-bathroom apartment and two one-bedroom/one-bathroom apartments.
- Providing case management services for our tenants.