LONG ISLAND JEWISH MEDICAL CENTER
- Advocacy & Human Rights
- Crisis Support
- Race & Ethnicity
Location270-05 76th AvenueOncology Building room 107New Hyde Park, NY 11040 United States
Northwell’s Volunteer Experience Mission We seek to engage, educate and inspire our volunteers as they enhance the experience of our patients, families, caregivers and team members.
Northwell’s Volunteer Experience Goals
1. Determine the individualized strengths and interests of volunteers to best assign their role and responsibility.
2. Provide the volunteer with the necessary resources, guidance and training to effectively accomplish tasks to meet the needs of the area(s) they are assigned.
3. Provide the volunteer with the opportunity to deliver valuable services by supporting our culture of CARE and enhancing the patient, family, and caregiver experience.
4. Offer a supportive environment in which volunteers are recognized, appreciated, and encouraged to give feedback which is shared with the team.
5. Empower volunteers to act as ambassadors, strengthening Northwell’s connection to the community.