Notre Dame AmeriCorps - New Jersey
- Children & Youth
- Education & Literacy
- Sports & Recreation
Location5401 Loch Raven BlvdBaltimore, MD 21239 United States
Notre Dame Mission Volunteers believes that education is the central tool in the struggle for human dignity, self-esteem, and willpower. We seek to build community among our members, as well as the people with whom we work by reaching out across culture and class. We are committed to helping people help themselves. Our goal is to promote and encourage education, community empowerment, leadership development and multicultural harmony.
NDMV teams serve with local partners to expand access to education. NDMV’s primary approach is to offer small-group and 1-on-1 instruction. Members serve in crowded classrooms and community centers. Notre Dame AmeriCorps members serve full-time for 11 months. A local site director oversees and supports members. During the service year, AmeriCorps members receive professional development in the form of biweekly team meetings, a training conference in Maryland, and opportunities for additional training and retreats.
- A living allowance of $17,000 pre-tax (1700 hr members)
- $6,495 Segal AmeriCorps Education Award that can be used to repay student loans or for future education
- Health insurance and childcare, if eligible
- Forbearance of eligible student loans during the year of service
- Bi-weekly professional development meetings and local orientations Three-day national training event addressing classroom tools and social justice issues