- Children & Youth
- Education & Literacy
LocationDeheishe CampBethlehem, West Bank 0000XXPalestinian Territory Palestinian Territory
Karama Organization is a non-governmental, non-profit organization established by refugees for refugees. Our main office is in Deheishe Camp and we serve the southern half of the West Bank with our projects and activities. The main aim of our work is to create opportunities for children, teenagers and women for their social, cultural, creative and economic development.
Karama is rooted in the local refugee communities and responds to any needs, negative trends and problems it identifies. We are only able to do so with the help of hunderds of local and international volunteers, as well as funding received from individual and institutional donors. Our key areas of focus are:
- Children; education, empowerment and creativity.
- Women; education, empowerment and recreation.
- Food security: rooftop food production and supporting livelihoods.
- Entrepreneurship: establishing social businesses and supporting local women-led enterprises
- Emergency support: responding to local needs through distributions, COVID19 activities and rehabilitation