VENICE PRIDE INC
- Advocacy & Human Rights
- Race & Ethnicity
Location3276 E VENICE AVEVENICE, FL 34292 United States
We serve the LGBTQ+ community and allies working together with partners on initiatives where all generations are welcome and thrive.
We are a grassroots group committed to supporting the LGBTQ+ community and allies. From our humble beginnings in 2020 when we incorporated as a non-profit 501(c)(3), we are excited to serve the community, partner with others to advocate and educate on LGBTQ+ issues.
While we are proud of what we have achieved, we recognize there is so much more that needs to be done to create a safe space for all people of the LGBTQ+ community, to address issues of human rights, and to celebrate who we are.
Our key accomplishments, include:
- Received a proclamation by the mayor of Venice, FL for Pride month.
- Awarded a youth scholarship to an Englewood, FL High School student.
- Celebrated PRIDE month through several car parades and festivals.
- Decorated the holidays with a Pride Holiday Tree Lighting.
- Supported local rallies to oppose the "don’t say gay bills" and other similar bills.
- Hosted a "Chat with Pride" virtual group to get community feedback.
- Participated in Meet-and-Greets with other local LGBTQ+ groups to find ways to collaborate.
- Launched a website and newsletter to keep our communities informed.
Would you recommend VENICE PRIDE INC?
0 reviews Write a review