LEBANON HISTORICAL SOCIETY INC
- Arts & Culture
- Board Development
- Education & Literacy
- Veterans & Military Families
LocationPO BOX 151LEBANON, CT 06249 United States
To encourage a sense of community, the Lebanon Historical Society connects residents and visitors with the people, places, objects and stories of the Town’s past.
Operating philosophy - what we do:
Through innovative and creative use of all our resources we will:
- preserve and interpret Lebanon’s historical record through active collecting and preservation, research, publications, programs and exhibits;
- emphasize Lebanon’s role in past wars, especially the American Revolution;
- present and illuminate Lebanon’s past through engaging programs and communications;
- value our visitors and supporters and provide programs and services that meet their needs and interests;
- make Lebanon’s history interesting, relevant and fun;
- share what we have learned about connecting our constituents to the past with colleagues at other heritage organizations.
- History inspires us to care about the place where we live.
- History helps us to better understand the present.
- History must be preserved for future generations.
- History can and must be engaging for people of all ages.
By sharing an awareness of local history, the Lebanon Historical Society seeks to provide our community and visitors with connections to the past, an understanding of the present and a sense of responsibility for the future.
Would you recommend LEBANON HISTORICAL SOCIETY INC?
0 reviews Write a review