- Health & Medicine
Location5200 ne 2nd aveMiami, FL 33137 United States
AccentCare strives to provide excellence in end-of-life care for patients and families. AccentCare has developed several specialty roles, which allow volunteers to utilize their own strengths and interests. This offers a meaningful and rewarding volunteer experience, and enhances the quality of life for our patients and families.
- Direct Care Volunteer: Provides a range of companionship and support to patients and caregivers at the bedside.
- Administrative Volunteer: Supports the important office operations of the program.
- Loyal Friends Pet Companion Volunteer: Uses certified therapy animals to engage patients.
- Smile Squad Volunteer: Young volunteers visit patients along with their adult guardian, and light up the room with the special joy that children bring.
- Music Companion Volunteer: Shares the gift of music with our patients and families.
- Vigil Volunteer: When family support is not available, we want to make sure that no patient dies alone.
- Spiritual Presence Volunteer: Engages patients in familiar activities that provide spiritual comfort.
- Legacy Volunteer: Uses crafts and multi-media to capture special memories and the unique legacy of each patient.
- Veteran Volunteer: No one understands the unique needs of our Veterans better than active or retired military personnel.
- Memory Bear Seamstress: Turns a patient’s clothing into a personalized stuffed bear for the family to cherish.
- Bereavement Volunteer: Provides support to families throughout their first year of bereavement services.