Community Unification Initiatives, Inc.
- Board Development
- Computers & Technology
Location781 Needle Rock DriveStone Mountain, GA 30083 United States
Collaboration with community partners to make an impact, one household at a time, by providing tutoring to at-risk youths; HIV/AIDS education; and healthy cooking demonstrations; domestic violence and conflict resolution techniques; hands on assistance to seniors and veterans with resource navigation; and assistance to homeless organizations.
- Partnered with DeKalb County Health Department to provide health literacy and positive choice seminars at DeKalb County Youth Detention Center
- Goals, self-esteem, financial literacy workshops for people of all ages
- Talent shows and plays, developed and portrayed by youths
- Fashion shows, with themes to address domestic violence
- Health fairs with special youth emphasis, teaching them civic responsibility, entrepreneurship and leadership skills
- Healthy eating, cooking, pride in their bodies
- Spiritual enlightenment, inner strength through yoga, tai chi, exercise, holistic approaches to developing a lifetime of healthy lifestyles
- Senior education to ensure all know how to access resources
- Education and prevention about sex, sex trafficking, diseases, and consequences
- Volunteerism and civic pride; healthy and respectful responses to those in authority
- Provide volunteer and community service opportunities and credit community service hours