Genealogical Forum of Oregon, Inc.
- Arts & Culture
Location2505 SE 11th AveB-18Portland, OR 97202 United States
The GFO exists to promote genealogy and to provide genealogical education, to preserve and provide genealogical and historical resources, and to compile and publish within the genealogical community.
The Genealogical Forum of Oregon (GFO) was founded in 1946, and since then has operated as an all-volunteer organization. There has never been a paid staff member in our 76-year history. We currenly operate the largest genealogical library in the Pacific Northwest.
- To provide robust educational opportunities.
- To serve as a regional resource of genealogical information not geographically limited to the Pacific Northwest.
- To provide convenient access to a broad range of historical resources for genealogical research in a variety of forms.
- To identify and satisfy specific research needs, based on input from Library users.
- To provide a safe and welcoming community for anyone interested in pursuing their family history.
The GFO Research Library has more than 54,000 holdings for all of the United States and many locations around the world, with particular strengths in the Pacific Northwest, Virginia, and French Canada. We provide access to many popular subscription genealogy websites and we are working to provide digital access to a growing collection of materials while supporting our members wherever they live.