NORTHWEST CONNECTICUT ARTS COUNCIL INC
- Advocacy & Human Rights
- Arts & Culture
Location40 MAIN ST STE 1TORRINGTON, CT 06790 United States
Our mission is to engage the public in building a strong and connected arts and culture community that is integral to the economic development and the collective well-being of our region.
We believe that access to arts and culture is a universal human right, meeting both a social and psychological need. Through promotion and advocacy we support a vibrant, vital, and necessary component of our community.
We are one of the 9 Arts Regional Service Organizations in Connecticut and serve 25 towns. Our programs and services include:
- Printed monthly events calendar.
- Weekly email newsletter with events, opportunities, and workshops.
- Advocacy for the region at the state level.
- Arts Night Out Networking Events
- Annual Make Music Day
- New Litchfield Hills Creative Festival
- NWCT Cultural Directory
- Annual Litchfield Hills Creative Awards
- Professional Development Workshops
- Administration of Regional Initiative Grants
- Fiscal sponsorship services for artists and emerging nonprofits.