Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The purpose of this Corporation shall be to maintain an organizaiton of persons dedicated to protecting and enhancing the quality of life for animals in Placer County. The duties of the Corporation shall include but not be limited to:
- PROVIDE shelter and medical treatment for animals who are homeless;
- DEVELOP effective foster and adoption programs;
- REDUCE euthanasia at the Placer County Animal Shelter through aggressive spaying/neutering programs;
- COLLABORATE with community and financial resources to assist the Placer County Animal Shelter in improving animal welfare and pet overpopulation;
- EDUCATE the community about responsible pet ownership;
- PURSUE new approaches to improve the quality of life for animals in our area continuously;
- PROTECT animals through education and enforcement of current animal humane laws.
THE CAT HOUSE , a no-kill facility, is home to about 100 cats and kittens. Our foster homes provide care for even more dogs and cats throughout the year.
The mission of Friends is simple, to help find homes for homeless animals at Placer County Animal Shelter, including providing medical care for un-adoptable animals that need veterinary services before they find a new home. We also work to prevent abuse, neglect and cruelty to animals. Our work is supported entirely through donations. Through generous and compassionate people like you, we can assure these animals a new beginning. For more information on being part of the Friends group, visit our WEBSITEor lend a hand for animals by becoming a VOLUNTEER
Thank you for caring about the animals. We hope to hear from you soon.
- (530) 823-6828
- Need admin access?
Do you work for this organization?
Request administrator status and update its information!