ULSTER IMMIGRANT DEFENSE NETWORK INC
- Advocacy & Human Rights
- Homeless & Housing
- Immigrants & Refugees
Location30 PINE GROVE AVEKINGSTON, NY 12401 United States
Mission: To provide a network of safety and support to immigrants, regardless of status. Vision: A society where everyone is welcomed, respected, and safe. Values: UIDN is committed to building a world of racial justice, equity and inclusion, and respect for diversity. We seek in our actions to bring such a world into being by fighting against all forms of racism and xenophobia; listening hard to the voices of the most impacted communities; and seeking dialogue and solidarity with others who work for racial, social, economic, and environmental justice.
You can read about UIDN's goals and programs at https://ulsterimmigrantdefensenetwork.org/what-we-do/. Read about who we are and our history at https://ulsterimmigrantdefensenetwork.org/who_we_are/. From Thanksgiving 2020 to Thanksgiving 2021, community support allowed UIDN to help:
- 560 families with rent or utility bills.
- 542 families with fresh food and household items at our year-round weekly market.
- 126 families with clothing, furniture, and/or shopping carts.
- 65 families with rides to medical appointments, ICE check-ins, immigration court, and more.
- 58 families with medical and dental referrals and help with costs.
- 50 children with tutoring, remote one-on-one reading, after school programs, and more in spite of the pandemic.
- 23 individuals with bicycles to ride to work.
- 14 families with legal referrals and/or help with legal fees.