GREAT MINDS CHANGEMAKERS INC
- Education & Literacy
Location100 PALMWOOD TRLPFLUGERVILLE, TX 78660 United States
To celebrate, ease the challenges, and empower bright kids who think differently. Our non-profit, Great Minds Changemakers, helps to support Great Minds Learning Community with volunteering and fundraising efforts. Great Minds Learning Community is a school for intellectually gifted kids grades 5-12 with learning differences, disabilities, or challenges to help them celebrate their strengths and get guided support for their challenges. We are not your typical school! We are a small, project-based, alternative school with a tribal feel that with a relationship-based focus on academic, social, and emotional growth with lots of student voice and choice, with scaffolding and balance. We focus on helping these remarkable young people be in their "stretch zone" to learn and grow and bring their amazing gifts and selves to the world!
Great Minds Learning Community welcomes gifted students and twice-exceptional students with learning differences/challenges/disabilities, such as: dyslexia, ADHD/ADD, sensory processing challenges, dysgraphia, dyscalculia, chemical sensitivity, and allergies, Asperger’s/High Functioning Autism, anxiety, or social difficulties.IF YOU BELIEVE IN...
- Passion-based learning that ignites the mind
- Intellectual deep dives emphasizing 21st-Century success skills of critical thinking, communication, creativity, and collaboration
- Meet the student where he/she is at with personalized learning goals customized to each student’s passions and potholes
- Project-based learning makes learning stick more than lectures
- Balance of a guided support framework with student-driven voice and choice
- Whole-person learning environment with social-emotional activities, body and sensory breaks, and intellectual depth.
- Learn in the way that matches your child’s learning style with multi-sensory ways to cement learning and show mastery
- Strengths-based approach
- Education is more than test scores
- Build lifelong skills through real-world activities
- Each child has a unique purpose and can change the world by being his/her unique self
- Nurturing, tribal community that builds friendships and self-esteem