- Arts & Culture
- Children & Youth
LocationPO BOX 53293WASHINGTON, DC 20009 United States
BeGreatDC’s mission is to empower, educate and engage marginalized communities with a focus on our three pillars: youth education, mental and physical wellness, and community engagement.
Our feature programs and events include:
- Quarterly "The Essentials" Drive
- Quarterly GoGroceries (free grocery giveaway)
- Annual Laptops and Hotspots Drive
- Annual Toy and Luggage Drive for foster care youth with the National Center for Children and Families
- Black Men Yoga Too Series
- Working Woman Wednesday Series
Over the past two years, we’ve donated 35 laptops to students at Ballou High School, raised over 160 toys for the National Center for Children and Families, fed 100 displaced people throughout DC, continued to keep the community engaged through virtual programming and much more. We work with dozens of local nonprofits and organizations annually to build relationships and strengthen our collective efforts. Incorporated in 2018, BGDC has grown from 1 member to 40 members and is a DC public school community partner.