LIFE WITHOUT A FORK
- Advocacy & Human Rights
- Children & Youth
- Crisis Support
- Media & Broadcasting
- People with Disabilities
Location10331 WESTERN AVE APT 62DOWNEY, CA 90241 United States
Life Without A Fork is a nonprofit determined to give more life to those with overlooked and invisible disabilities by improving quality of life through the increase of services, awareness, and social support.
Life Without A Fork was founded by Vanessa Williams in 2009 initially as a documentary film project to bring awareness to the rare, potentially fatal condition from which she was diagnosed in 2006, idiopathic angioedema. Since then, her efforts have grown to Serve those with overlooked conditions, including mental health, and directs many programs toward youth with the acknowledgment that many mental health concerns and rare or invisible conditions effect a younger demographic.
Life Without A Fork has successfully:
- Established a network of support systems for those with the rare conditions known as Idiopathic Angioedema, Urticaria, and MCAS
- Hosted over four years of Swellness Expos
- Supported the Veteran community through direct donations
- Supported high school students through direct donations
- Raised awareness to high school aged students about the importance health and well-being