STAR JASMINE FOUNDATION
- Arts & Culture
- Children & Youth
- People with Disabilities
Location126 COOPER RDSANTA BARBARA, CA 93109 United States
JAMS provides free and low-cost access to music mentorship, instruction, songwriting workshops, jam sessions and musical production. The goal is to offer this to low-income individuals and at-risk youth as well as adults and children with special needs. We also seek to bring kids and adults from different socioeconomic backgrounds together in the creative process, thus using music as a transformative tool for social change.
- Band coaching mentorship: We offer band coaching to young musicians who are forming bands. Our focus is on helping the kids collaborate creatively. We teach them to listen to one another and give each other space in the band so that everyone can contribute to the creative process.
- Lessons: Our teachers work with students who cannot afford private music lessons.
- Teen JAMS night: Young musicians come together at JAMS to meet one another and connect musically every week.
- We want to offer a ten-week after school music program for underserved populations.
- We intend to do outreach in facilities that need us the most (i.e. the Braille Institute, Girls Inc., schools in low-income neighborhoods, Sarah House, domestic violence shelters, rehab facilities).