Loudoun County Fire & Rescue
- Emergency & Safety
- Health & Medicine
Location802 Sycolin RdSuite 200Leesburg, VA 20175 United States
It is the mission of the combined fire and EMS system of Loudoun County to provide residents and visitors with efficient and cost-effective fire protection, rescue, and emergency medical services. The system also responds to and mitigates hazardous materials and related life safety and property threatening incidents, utilizing state-of-the-art equipment and a staff of highly trained volunteer and career personnel located in strategically placed facilities 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Fire and rescue services in Loudoun County are provided through a combination system that includes nearly 500 career and more than 1,500 volunteer personnel.
The Fire and Rescue Department, in conjunction with leadership of the volunteer component, coordinates fire and emergency medical services (EMS) that include:
- Administration and delivery of Fire, EMS, and related training
- Coordination and mitigation of large-scale emergencies and disasters utilizing an all-hazards approach
- E-911 Emergency Communications Center
- Emergency response
- Fire prevention and investigation
- Hazardous materials response
- Public Education and Community Outreach Programs
- Swift water rescue
- Wildland firefighting