CHILDREN S MUSEUM OF CENTRAL OREGON
- Arts & Culture
- Board Development
- Children & Youth
- Education & Literacy
Location320 SW Century Drive #405-259BEND, OR 97702 United States
Our mission is to inspire curiosity and creativity in children through hands-on STEAM experiences. We believe children are intelligent, creative, and resourceful; they deserve respect and the opportunity to learn in their own way. Our museum will be built on inquiry-based learning strategies with open-ended exploration. Our museum will demonstrate how "playing" is the work of the child. We believe that families are important as a child’s first teacher and as their partners in learning. Our programs and participatory exhibits will be designed to encourage interaction and inquiry, as well as participation from the entire family.
● "The Place to Go" in Central Oregon for hands-on fun and learning for children, their parents, and teachers.
● Offer hands-on STEAM exhibits and programs for children aged 0-14 to support and encourage curiosity and healthy brain development as well as mental, emotional, and physical health.
● Provide a place where parents can see hands-on education transforming their children into active learners.
● Offer an excelling community science lab that is available for students in grades K-12.
● Offer a theater space that can be used for children’s theater and rentable performance space in the community.
● Provide a rooftop terrace where investigation of the sky, solar system, weather, plant growth, and other natural processes from Central Oregon can be observed.
● Progressively support diversity, equality, and accessibility.
● Provide cultural enrichment by supporting a growing and diverse community in Central Oregon while recognizing the contributions of the indigenous groups that
previously lived here.
● Offer STEAM based camps and programs throughout the year.
● Serve as a unique and essential community resource with financial viability to boost non-traditional economic growth.