BeUnlimited UnTapped Career Planning Program
- Children & Youth
- Education & Literacy
Location1201 Lobo CourtAbingdon, MD 21009 United States
BeUnlimited prepares youth for college and/or careers through the exposure of higher learning, career choices, and life skills development. Our vision is for youth to become stable and successful leaders that produce change in their communities.
The UnTapped career planning program services middle school aged youth in underserved communities. Participant's will gain access to career planning, PSAT preparation, mental health practices, and life skills development in order to enter into high school with a concrete career plan.
A mentor with the UnTapped program will support and encourage the educational and personal development of our mentees and provide active guidance to help them achieve their goals. They will:
1. Serve as a positive role model.
2. Take the lead in supporting our mentees through an ongoing, one-on-one relationship.
3. Build the relationship by attending and participating in program activities.
4. Strive for mutual respect.
5. Help set goals and work toward accomplishing them.
1. Make at least a one-year commitment.
2. Spend at least 4 hours a month with mentee.
3. Communicate with the mentee weekly.
4. Attend training sessions provided by BeUnlimited.
1. Be at least 25 years old.
2. Be interested in working with young people from various different cultures.
3. Be willing to adhere to all program policies and procedures.
4. Be willing to complete the application and screening process, which includes a background check.
5. Be dependable and consistent in meeting the time commitments.
6. Attend mentor training sessions as prescribed.
7. Be willing to communicate regularly with program staff, submit activity information, and take constructive feedback regarding mentoring activities.
1. Someone who holds our core values: Advocacy, Empowerment, Enlightenment, & Encouragement
2. Willing listener and supportive
3. Patient and flexible
4. Tolerant and respectful of individual differences
5. Good relationship building skills