- Children & Youth
- Education & Literacy
Location3645 South County Road 200 WestGreencastle, IN 46135 United States
EDGE 21 is a community based organization focused on enrolling eligible students into 21st Century Schools and successfully sharing life skills through small weekly mentoring sessions with youth in poverty.
Our mission is to embolden education of those in poverty into career success and leadership in the community.
Details are available at our website; www.EDGE21.org
Success Coach Role
Overview of the Role:
The Success Coach's primary role is to build a trusting relationship with 21st Century Scholars in their Huddle while modeling and sharing life skills necessary to complete post secondary education and career success.
* Make a minimum one-year commitment to developing and maintaining a Success Coach relationship
* Attend Success Coach orientation and training meetings.
* Attend ongoing Success Coach training and support sessions
* Meet with scholar weekly during the school year to establish a working relationship and to support 21st Century Scholar in attaining personal and academic goals
* Keep time logs and other information as required by EDGE 21
AREAS OF INVOLVEMENT: Commitment to develop a supportive relationship with 3-5 High School Students in a Huddle. Theses 21st Century Scholars are involved in pursuing life skills that embolden education into career success.
The Success Coach will facilitate the Huddle. Huddles have four parts:
Sharing of Gratitude
Check in on the Weather- How is life going for the student?
Leader in Me (FranklinCovey 7 Habits Training Material)
Progress on the scholar's Future Story- Their annual personal and academic goals
6+ Score on Huddle feedback surveys
Retention of Scholars in the Huddle- maximum of one scholars turnover/ year
Qualifications: (A Focus on Discovery)
* Sincere desire to help another person achieve his or her personal and academic goals
* Ability to communicate with others openly and without judgment
* Strong listening skills
* Ability to establish a relationship based on equal responsibility and respect
* Practical problem-solving skills and ability to suggest options and alternatives
* Embracing diversity of backgrounds
* Acceptance Mind Set, No Judging, No Comparing
Minimum of one-year commitment with one hour of contact per week during the school year, Ideal commitment is for the four years in high school
Success Coach Partner
EDGE 21 Mission:
EDGE 21 is a multi generational coaching program for at risk and eligible 21st Century Scholars to embolden them through middle and high school into a post-secondary education. The desired outcome is to empower each student to be self-sufficient adults and to be servant leaders in their communities.
In an age of growing isolation through transaction and digital relationships, of a growing number of unfunded school mandates, and of more absent parents, EDGE 21 is standing in the gap, building bridges across generations to see every generation living a life of purpose, boldness, and impact.