- Children & Youth
- Education & Literacy
Location210 Legion Ave. #6463Annapolis, MD 21401 United States
Charting Careers serves youth who are facing significant barriers beyond the classroom. Each student is provided a variety of services and opportunities designed to help them be successful in school and develop and tackle achievable college and/or career plans. Programming includes coordination with school counselors and other school staff and is designed to help youth discover personal strengths, explore "good fit" career options, develop life skills, and access school and community resources for targeted needs and interests. Charting Careers nurtures self-awareness, self-management, social awareness, relationship skills, healthy decision-making, and equity. While staff and community partners offer the nuts and bolts of the programming, mentors play a critical role in offering encouragement and supporting follow through on individualized success plans. Through mentors, our youth build new relationships and gain access to community resources.
Charting Careers mentors...
- Take the lead in supporting a Charting Careers participant through an ongoing, one-to-one relationship
- Serve as a positive role model
- Build the relationship by planning and participating in activities together
- Do what they say they are going to do
- Have fun with their mentees and are encouraging
- Work collaboratively with the Charting Careers staff to support mentees' achievement of personal goals
- Demonstrate sufficient maturity, stability, judgement, and motivation to fulfill the role of a mentor.