- Children & Youth
- Education & Literacy
Location6401 Penn AvePittsburgh, PA 15206 United States
Open Field is committed to improving the lives and futures of youth through sport. Since 2010, our global team has engaged more than 3,000 youth in educational soccer programming, mentoring relationships, travel abroad experiences, and cultural exchange in Cameroon, Africa and Pittsburgh, PA. Our innovative approach to Sport for Good empowers youth to be leaders in their community and gain skills to help them succeed on and off the field.
* Healthy physical activity
* Engaging discussions
* Safe spaces
* Skill-building activities
* Employment opportunity
* Role models
* Community service
* Life-changing experiences
Our Sport for Good model provides formative experiences and transferable skills to youth through sport. We partner with community groups to integrate our approach to Sport for Good into their youth development activities (or sometimes create new programs) to help achieve common desired outcomes.
* Leadership roles as referees and match delegates
* Mentoring relationships as coaches and team captains
* Integrity and respect as key elements of all competitions
* Part-time jobs in their community
* Conflict resolution
* Personal responsibility
Ideal candidates have experience working with youth and a passion for the game of soccer.