- Children & Youth
- Education & Literacy
Location110 N 5 StMinneapolis, MN 55403 United States
The BrandLab is a nonprofit with the vision of a marketing industry that thrives with the insights and creativity of people with diverse ethnic and socioeconomic backgrounds. We introduce, guide and prepare diverse students for creative careers. The BrandLab connects talent to opportunity.
The BrandLab's (TBL) mentorship program is a one-on-one connection between an industry professional and a TBL Connect Participant. TBL mentors provide individual support to their mentees to be encouraged, motivated, and prepared to receive a degree and begin a career.
Who are TBL Mentors?
- Marketing/advertising professional
- At least three years experience in the field
Who are TBL Mentees?
- TBL Connect Participant
- At least 18 years old and a high school graduate
- Pursuing something industry-related
How does it work?
- 12-month commitment with monthly meetings; option to renew for a second year
- Two big matches each year in June & August
The BrandLab Mentor is assigned one TBL participant as a mentee. A mentor helps fill knowledge gaps and seeks opportunities to help mentees grow and excel. A mentor is someone with whom mentees can let down their guard, share their insecurities, and ask the "stupid" questions we all have sometimes. A mentor is honest and unafraid to tell mentees hard truths about themselves and their work. A mentor pushes mentees to take risks, aim higher, and advocates for them when they're not there.
- At least 3 years work experience in marketing, advertising, design, or related field
- A firm commitment to making yourself available to and advocating for your mentee
- The ability to connect with youth
- The ability to listen well and ask questions
- A desire to inspire and give back to the community!
- Commit to your mentee and follow-through on promises
- Provide advice and encouragement to your mentee
- Build an honest and quality relationship with your mentee
- 2 hour training with The BrandLab
- 1 year commitment
- 1 meeting each month with mentee
Phase 1 (month 1-4): Build rapport
Phase 2 (month 5-8): Support Education and Career
Phase 3 (month 9-12): Plan for future