Boys & Girls Club of Vista
- Children & Youth
- Education & Literacy
Location410 W. California Ave.Vista, CA 92083 United States
Established in 1963, the Boys & Girls Club of Vista (BGCV) is dedicated to offering equal access for all kids to life-enhancing programs that strengthen their education, develop their knowledge and participation in the arts, bring artistic performances to the community, enhance after-school opportunities, facilitate their participation in sports and athletic programs, develop healthy lifestyles, and create more meaningful learning experiences. The Club, by its model, demonstrates for and prepares its members to choose education and a healthy lifestyle to achieve a great future.
We are looking for mentors/volunteers to assist with academic success, character development and healthy lifestyles programs in a safe and positive environment.
Supervisor: Program Director
The Volunteer shall have responsibility for all duties assigned to direct pre-planned activities and Boys & Girls Club programs in the assigned department.
* Possess an understanding of how to work with youth and sensitivity to their needs.
* Must be at least 16 years of age and meet the general requirements for any Boys & Girls Club staff.
* Possess a practical knowledge and experience to implement a variety of programs.
* Attend Club orientation
* Enforce all Club rules.
* Encourage all members to actively participate in activities.
* Assist data tracking for Club membership system.
* Under supervision, execute a variety of pre-planned activities, classes and workshops.
* Provide leadership and guidance to members.
* Be responsible for the maintenance and safe operation of the activity area assigned.
* Maintain a friendly, cooperative relationship with the youth, parents and volunteers.
* Cooperate with staff.
* Perform all other duties as assigned.
The Volunteer is directly responsible to the Program Director.
EFFECT ON END RESULT:
The result of the a Volunteer's shall be a variety of organized programs and activities pre-planned by the department director where the activity is held. Some activities, classes, and workshops shall be pre-planned by the program specialist. The activity shall serve as a model for demonstrating helpfulness, genuine concern, friendliness and cooperation. Under the program specialist's guidance, Club members should acquire solid social skills, make new friends and get along with others.