Marvelous Mentoring Program for Girls
- Children & Youth
- Education & Literacy
Location11524 Frankstown Rd.Pittsburgh, PA 15235 United States
The Marvelous Mentoring Program for Girls assigns each of our girls with a FEMALE adult Mentor to encourage their self-esteem, ambition, empower their confidence, and help them to stay focused on successfully achieving their goals. Our Mentors also act as role models for our girls in teaching them how to become professional leaders within their communities, and as chaperones as they engage in a variety of awesome activities and fabulous field trips!
FEMALE VOLUNTEER MENTOR JOB DESCRIPTION
Volunteer Category: Female Mentor
Commitment Time: Minimum of six-month commitment with one to four hours of contact per week.
Areas of Involvement: Commitment to developing supportive relationship with one program participant (Young Lady) involved in
achieving extraordinary life goals, an awesome GPA, and overcoming annoying barriers to achieving her most successful future possible!
* Sincere desire to be personally involved with a female youth to help her to achieve personal, life, and school goals;
* Ability to communicate with teenagers openly and nonjudgmentally, particularly teen girls;
* Strong listening skills;
* Ability to establish a relationship based on equal responsibility and respect;
* Interest in needs and concerns of adolescent females with internal and external barriers to achieving successful futures;
* Practical problem-solving skills and ability to suggest options and alternatives; and
* Sensitivity to persons of different educational, economic, cultural or racial backgrounds.
* Make a minimum six-month commitment to developing and maintaining a mentor relationship with a teenager;
* Attend mentor orientation and training sessions before meeting mentee;
* Attend ongoing mentor training and support sessions;
* Meet with mentee on a regular basis to establish working relationship and to support mentee in life goals and achieving their most successful future possible;
* Assist mentee in solving problems that interfere with mentee's success at home, work or at school; and
* Keep time logs and other information as requested by mentor coordinator.