HISTORIC DRAPER PLAYHOUSE
- Arts & Culture
- People with Disabilities
LocationPO BOX 1191DRAPER, UT 84020 United States
Draper Historic Theatre, a non-profit organization, enriches families, individuals and the community by providing positive artistic experiences in theatre - including affordable, wholesome entertainment and pleasant, edifying performance and educational opportunities.
- A nonprofit organization's 'product' is neither a pair of shoes nor an effective regulation. Its product is a changed human being. Non-profit institutions are human- change agents. Their 'product' is a cured patient, a child that learns, a young man or woman grown into a self-respecting adult; a changed human life altogether." Peter F. Drucker
- Theatre is for people, people don't exist for theatre.
- DHT is a safe place, fostering equity, respect, individual growth, teamwork and humility. Gossip, unnecessary criticism and "prima donna" behavior (both male and female) is not allowed.
- The strengths and talents of each participant will be recognized and appreciated. Beginning and experienced performers learn much from one another and enhance performances in their own way.
- Theater participants will work in a spirit of unity uphold DHT's standards, values and goals to ensure a pleasant experience for all who enter the theatre.
- Many images are portrayed on stage in order to tell a story but, sincerity, moral behavior and kind, loving and/or familial relationships are the most valuable.
- Volunteers are compensated not financially but with a sense of personal worth, respect, ownership in something important, friendship, and gratitude.