- Computers & Technology
Location1149 CLAYTON STSAN FRANCISCO, CA 94117 United States
Diatum’s mission is to create an improved app ecosystem for everyone by protecting our data and digital identities, empowering privacy rights, encouraging responsible digital citizenship, conducting scientific research, and promoting technology innovation and competition.
In the very near future, all 7.7 billion humans will have a digital presence in some form on an internet enabled device. This presence creates a "digital identity" represented by the sum of all an individual’s personal information in digital form, including data such as phone numbers, emails, friend connections, social media posts, videos, photos and more.
Diatum’s overarching goal is to serve as a trusted institution that provides everyone the ability to own, control and protect their individual digital identity as they work, play and socialize online.
Diatum’s short, intermediate and long-term goals are to:
- Provide a decentralized, open-source database to safely and securely store users’ digital identities.
- Empower privacy by returning the ownership and usage rights of digital identities to individuals
- Encourage responsible digital citizenship, including rights and responsibilities, digital privacy and privacy laws, digital etiquette, digital health and digital security through system-wide reform and education
- Advance and conduct scientific research to expand Diatum’s technology and improve digital identity safety, privacy, security and integrity.
- Promote technology innovation and competition by making available the use of the Diatum’s open source software to create new software and apps.