- Health & Medicine
Location505 W. Owassa RdEdinburg, TX 78539 United States
Quality of life for the patient and for the family is at the core of Amara Hospice’s philosophy. Each of us should be able to die as comfortably as possible. Family members should receive support as they deal with the emotional pain and stress that come with the passing of a loved one. In caring for those with a life-limiting condition or illness, Amara’s hospice and palliative caregivers have made a heartfelt commitment to ease emotional and physical pain while providing guidance, support and open communication. When a patient has a life-limiting condition that no longer responds to treatment, Amara Hospice steps in to provide care to the patient and the family. Palliative Care, an essential part of hospice, works to alleviate pain and assists in providing the patient with the highest level of care and quality of life.
If you have some extra time and would like to assist patients and their families, be a part of the Amara Hospice Team by volunteering your time. Amara Hospice will provide each volunteer with the tools and training necessary to become a part of our caring hospice team.
Our team members provide the highest quality of service and care to our patients and their families.Volunteer Opportunities
- Share your special talents or hobbies: cooking, baking, reading, music
- Respite for the caregiver
- Spiritual & Emotional support (Legion of Mary-praying for the ill and end of life) prayer groups, bible study, and rosaries.
- Bereavement Support: telephone calls, visits, & attending funerals
- Activities: errands, light meal preparation, yard work, housekeeping, pet caring and feeding
- Clerical Work: reception, filing, mailings, data entry
- Special Projects
- Public Relations
- Community Activities
- Youth Volunteer Opportunities