Fundacion Latinoamericana De Accion Social, Inc. (FLAS)
- Advocacy & Human Rights
- Children & Youth
- Crisis Support
Location6666 Harwin Drive Suite #370Houston, TX 77036 United States
WE ARE COMMITTED TO ENHANCING BEHAVIORAL HEALTH AND WELLNESS SERVICES FOR THE LATINO COMMUNITY
A Michoacán-born immigrant, Elia Chinó has called Houston home for over 35 years. During that time, she has forged a reputation as a determined health and wellness advocate who works tirelessly to educate people about preventable diseases, behavioral health and mental illness. After losing many close friends to HIV/AIDS, Elia Chinó decided to take action.
- We have informed over 500,000 Latinos about HIV/AIDS
- Reached over 1,000,000 people in the Houston Area
- Provided HIV/STD’s Education to more than 30,000 people in Houston
- Provided Mental Health and Substance Treatment to more than 1000 people in Harris County.
- Assisted with the Gold Card, DWI to more than 2000 people in Harris County.
- Distributed more than 6 million Condoms in our community
- Hosted 2,500 Educational Events and Health Fairs
- Provided HIV Testing to over 25,000 people
- Referred over 40,000 people for other Social Services, such as Primary Care, Immigration, Housing, Domestic Violence, Substance Abuse Treatment, Marriage, Emergency Assistance and Health Insurance.