ALTRUSA INTERNATIONAL FOUNDATION INC
- Education & Literacy
LocationPO BOX 1181COLUMBUS, OH 43216 United States
Altrusa is an organization of business and professional people who use their skills to promote literacy, and improve the lives of people in our community, with a focus on women and children in the Columbus area.
Altrusa of Columbus, Ohio is a non-profit organization that makes our community better through leadership, partnership and service. Members work to impact and change our community.
Altrusa service focuses on literacy and education. Our service projects and educational grants include:
* Columbus Literacy Council providing textbooks for a program to develop foundational literacy skills, basic math and financial
literacy for immigrant and refugee women in Central Ohio
* Columbus Metropolitan Library sponsoring the Winter Reading Challenge, engaging students in reading and introducing
different types of books
* Critical Difference for Women scholarships at The Ohio State University for non-traditional students
* Medicine for Mali assisting with teacher training in West Africa
* Aging Solutions helping with programs for low-income adults that allows them to maintain their home and meet basic daily
needs or emergency needs
* Boys and Girls Clubs of Columbus for Academic Success programming including homework help, tutoring, test preparation,
leisure reading, writing activities and summer modules with fun, themed activities
* Easterseals of Central and Southeast Ohio providing educational books for children with an identified developmental delay or
We invite you to join in our cause and become an Altrusan!