- Children & Youth
Location1735 MARKET ST SUITE A 441PHILADELPHIA, PA 19103 United States
The Adoption Center creates permanent environments for children in foster care through public awareness, advocacy and family finding.
The Center was founded in 1972 by an adoptive mother who saw firsthand the impact a stable family has on a child's well-being. Since then, we have become a leader in recruiting potential parents, and connecting them to children in need of a home, helping to create more than 24,000 families.
The Center's goals include:
- Increasing awareness about children awaiting adoption and the foster care system;
- Recruiting and retain families who want to open their homes and hearts to children;
- Educating families about the adoption process to make it as manageable and stress-free as possible;
- Increasing the number of adoptions for children in foster care who need additional resources; and
- Finding support systems for children who age out of foster care.