HOUSE OF MERCY INC
- Advocacy & Human Rights
- Homeless & Housing
Location285 ORMOND STROCHESTER, NY 14605 United States
The House of Mercy and our founder, Sister Grace Miller, are dedicated to serving and advocating for Rochester, NY’s homeless citizens. Food, shelter, clothing, advocacy -- operating 24/7, the House of Mercy never closes its doors on people in need. We strive to be a beacon of hope for the poorest of the poor, and we never give up on the thousands of people we serve each month.
EACH MONTH, THE HOUSE OF MERCY PROVIDES:
- Safe overnight shelter for 570+ of Rochester’s homeless citizens.
- 4000+ families with food.
- 2,000 cooked meals.
- Groceries for 350+ families from our food pantry
- 1000s of goods like donated clothing, furniture, appliances, bedding, and personal care items.
- Advocacy services and referrals to help people get health care, mental health services, substance abuse treatment, veterans benefits, social security and SSI.
- Life skills classes and support groups.
400+ rides to medical appointments, job interviews and more.
- 12-16 instances of burial assistance for dignified funerals for the poor.
- Voluntary personal counseling and spiritual services on request.