WELLMET PROJECT INC
- Health & Medicine
Location675 MASSACHUSETTS AVECAMBRIDGE, MA 02139 United States
Wellmet Project Inc. is a supportive community that helps adults with psychiatric disabilities get back on their feet. We provide transitional housing, counseling, and consistent structure so you can return to living on your own.
Designed to bridge the gap between residential care and independent living, our transitional program caters to individuals who have made significant progress in their struggles with mental health and are ready for more responsibility. The environment remains safe and secure while easing the transition between a 24/7 service and a fully independent way of life.
Residents reside with roommates in single family homes that foster a community spirit. At the same time, however, this setting promotes a distinct sense of independence, similar to a more traditional living environment. The ultimate goal is to gain skills that help residents integrate into society or live with family members.
Our program helps residents by providing:
- Weekly goal meetings with a counselor
- Weekly assigned household chores
- Weekly house meeting with residents and staff
- Team meal preparation
- Morning, evening, and overnight live-in staff provide assistance and support
- Assistance with transition to independent living arrangements
- Treatment team meetings with other care providers, as necessary, to help develop treatment strategy
- Semi-structured milieu that ensures a qualitative involvement with staff and other residents, while also allowing the individual to make choices regarding the use of free time and individual activities
- Support in establishing and maintaining a day structure outside of the home