HEARTS & HOMES FOR VETERANS INC
- Crisis Support
- Homeless & Housing
- Veterans & Military Families
Location2230 ALICIA STFORT MYERS, FL 33901 United States
Hearts & Homes for Veterans provides urgently needed resources to homeless and low income veterans in Southwest Florida. Our mission is to help veterans lift themselves out of poverty, and then in turn reach back and help other veterans do the same.
The veteran need only produce a copy of his/her DD 214; qualify as an individual whose income does not exceed more than 130% above poverty level; and was discharged from the service greater than dishonorable to qualify for HH service to be considered for support. Additional criteria applied at the time of application:
An individual who lacks a fixed, regular, and adequate nighttime residence; or, An individual who has a primary nighttime residence that is a supervised publicly or privately-operated shelter designed to provide temporary living accommodations, including welfare hotels, congregate shelters and transitional housing for the mentally ill.
Today, the organization actively supports homeless and low income veterans and their families in the following ways:
* Financial assistance for short term rental and utility costs
* Counseling and advocacy with local, regional and national support networks for veterans
* Arranging for and providing short term funds for transportation
* Holiday outreach programs
* HH physical inventory which is routinely stocked and distributed includes...
Personal hygiene items
Automobiles (donated to HH, put in working order, and passed on to a qualifying
* Dental care
* Internet access
* Employment counseling and job placement