Imperial Beach Neighborhood Center
- Health & Medicine
- Homeless & Housing
Location455 Palm AvenueImperial Beach, CA 91932 United States
Nurturing Hope | Empowering People to Create a Community in Action
Mass Food Distribution @ Imperial Beach Neighborhood Center
Volunteers are required to wear face coverings & gloves. COVID-19 No Contact Policy in place until further notice.
- Emergency Food Assistance Program run by San Diego Food Bank once a month on the Thursday before the second Friday of each month.
- Able-bodied volunteers are invited during the hours of 7:30 AM to 11:30 AM.
- Park on Palm Avenue since the front parking lot will be closed off.
- Food is distributed from 9:00 AM to 11:00 AM in the front parking lot.
- Volunteers will have their temperature checked before signing in.
- Volunteers must sign the Volunteer Sign-in Sheet when they arrive.
- Volunteers assignments as needed; move food items before distribution, bagging of food allocations from the pallets, runners for participants needing additional assistance, trash & recycling detail, storing any remaining food items into our pantries & chest freezer, etc.
- Volunteers who meet eligibility may receive EFAP commodities as long as they are eligible per San Diego Food Bank guidelines.
- This is free program with no ID required.
- Volunteers are here to assist all participants being friendly & helpful.
- Volunteers are asked to stay until all food commodities have been bagged.
- Volunteers can get community services hours if needed.
- MASS FOOD DISTRIBUTION LEAD is Jose’ Griffin-Atil.
- If you have any further questions, please call me at 619-947-6057.
Would you recommend Imperial Beach Neighborhood Center?
0 reviews Write a review