WIDE HORIZONS INCORPORATED
- Advocacy & Human Rights
- People with Disabilities
Location1169 S MAIN ST STE 156MANTECA, CA 95337 United States
We empower aspiring young adults with unique intellectual and developmental barriers in the workforce to find sustainable employment. Through Awareness, Acceptance, Support, Inclusion, Vocation we help our participants develop the functional communication tools and specialized techniques that they and potential employers will use to support the participant's vocational contributions in the workplace.
Our principal program is ENVOLVE (Expanding Vocational Opportunities by Leveraging Valuable Experiences):
- Our participants work in an "apprenticeship-style" program with various community employers to learn how to work and engage in the workforce.
- Job coaches facilitate the development of tools and techniques specific to the participant and the place of employment.
- Over a period of approximately 3 - 7 years, a functional support system is developed across home, transit, and work.
- The participant's goals and aspirations help define this system.
- Participants then begin to transition out of the program to become an employee of the local, partnering employer.
- Alternative plans are developed for those who feel they no longer wish to pursue sustainable employment and desire to transition to suitable adult programs.
Our top priority is the participant's success. We go the extra mile to develop and execute an individualized plan to make sure each participant maximizes their vocational journey.