UNnited People Campaign
- Advocacy & Human Rights
LocationTehran, Tehran -Iran Iran
United People is a global campaign that aims to promote global justice and cosmopolitan democracy through public awareness, capacity building, and poverty alleviation. As a global human rights movement, we believe to realize "all human rights for all" we need to put our emphasis on two scales: the individual and the global. This does not mean that one cannot view oneself as a national subject but that the individual’s primary allegiance lies towards a global world of individuals holding equal rights and a general value as humans.
To reach our vision, we facilitate such a dialogue anywhere possible to engage world citizens and inform them about what is going on and what we can do about it. While everyone is rushing to build such a community in the virtual world, we are offering something a little more tangible. The core activity of the campaign is an English Linking and Learning Program called WiGo which stands for "What is Going on!?". Throughout the program, WiGo Participants are engaged in an English Learning environment where they can develop their language skills while understanding critical issues and becoming a change agent. Somebody who is
- Aware of the wider world and has a sense of his or her own role as a world citizen.
- Respect, value and celebrate diversity.
- Have an understanding of how the world works.
- Is troubled by social injustice.
- Participate in the community at a range of levels, from the local to the global.
- Is willing to act to make the world a more equitable and sustainable place.
- Takes responsibility for her or his actions.
- Feels an ethical responsibility to others around the globe.