- Computers & Technology
- Education & Literacy
- Health & Medicine
- Justice & Legal
Location1040 FIRST AVENUE 116NEW YORK, NY 10022 United States
The Virtue Foundation mission is to increase awareness, inspire action and render assistance through healthcare, education and empowerment initiatives. Comprised primarily of volunteers, Virtue Foundation is guided by the principle that true global change must begin within each of us - one person at a time, one act at a time.
The Virtue Foundation is a non-profit organization with Special Consultative Status to the United Nations. Virtue Foundation seeks to provide both short-term impactful and long-term sustainable development solutions to communities across the globe. Our goals are to remedy pressing, immediate community concerns while establishing lasting partnerships to create and implement initiatives for development and advancement in the areas of health, education and empowerment. Guiding Principles
Virtue’s innovative model of sustainable development includes five guiding principles:
- Invest in local women leaders as agents of change to sponsor development projects.
- Create collaborative models among local and international organizations to maximize efficiency and impact.
- Collaborate with local leaders, NGOs, and other global partners to map specific evidence-based interventions through interdisciplinary research and analysis.
- Build capacity and train local professionals in and through evidence-based, high-impact service delivery.
- Facilitate public-private partnerships to create and implement appropriate and sustainable solutions for development.