AMERICAN FOUNDATION FOR SUICIDE PREVENTION
- Crisis Support
- Health & Medicine
- Veterans & Military Families
Location199 WATER STREET 11TH FLOORNEW YORK, NY 10038 United States
The American Foundation for Suicide Prevention is dedicated to saving lives and bringing hope to those impacted by suicide. AFSP Orange County is part of a nationwide network of volunteer-driven AFSP Chapters empowered by research, education and advocacy to take action against this leading cause of death.
Established in 1987, the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention (AFSP) is a voluntary health organization that gives those affected by suicide a nationwide community empowered by research, education and advocacy to take action against this leading cause of death.
AFSP is dedicated to saving lives and bringing hope to those affected by suicide. AFSP creates a culture that’s smart about mental health by engaging in the following core strategies:
- Funding scientific research
- Educating the public about mental health and suicide prevention
- Advocating for public policies in mental health and suicide prevention
- Supporting survivors of suicide loss and those affected by suicide in our mission