Office of Disability Prevention for Children - HHSC
- Children & Youth
- Health & Medicine
- People with Disabilities
Location701 W 51st StAustin, TX 78751 United States
The Office of Disability Prevention for Children works to promote respect, foster understanding, and highlight the importance of prevention and early intervention initiatives in the lives of Texas children and families.
Although we do not provide direct services to children and families, our goal is to prevent disability before it happens and minimize any negative consequences through:
- Education and public awareness
- Promotion of sound public policy
- Working with state and local agencies, community groups, and various other stakeholders
- Developing long-term plans to monitor and reduce the incidence and severity of developmental disabilities
- Evaluating state efforts to prevent developmental disabilities
Areas of Focus
The ODPC works to prevent intellectual and developmental disabilities in children ages 0 to 12.