Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Building on the Christian mandate to love our neighbors and on the ideals of the early settlement houses, Good Neighbor House facilitates social integration and worship among diverse Wacoans as we invest our knowledge, faith, and experiences in community life together.
Good Neighbor House is a faith-based organization, responding to Christ’s call for us to love our neighbors as ourselves. In the parable of the Good Samaritan, the "good neighbor" is the one who helps another, despite cultural differences. In one of the most diverse areas in Waco, our primary goal is to build community among all of our neighbors, as we come together to share our knowledge, experiences, and faith.
Good Neighbor House "loves our neighbors" by providing space and educational and social programs that enrich these opportunities for fellowship.
- Create and maintain a safe and welcoming community space for all neighbors: individuals, families, and groups.
- Organize minimal, flexible programming to build community among neighbors (e.g. gardening, worship, arts, lending library).
- Host non-profit community groups aligning with our mission (e.g. language classes, worship groups, arts and crafts groups, 12-step programs).
- Participate in the spiritual, intellectual and social formation of settlers and other volunteers as they experience the joys and challenges of daily life in a diverse neighborhood.
- Honor the traditional settlement idea by partnering with Waco’s churches, college and university groups, businesses, and others in support of our mission.