During these uncertain times, how can we help?
See below to access our COVID-19 Resource Hub, and to explore our growing directory of both COVID-19-specific and virtual volunteering opportunities.
The mission of LifeBUILDERS is to restore dignity and provide hope to the residents of Regent Park, a Northeast Detroit neighborhood. This is accomplished in three ways: by empowering our youth with life skills and providing opportunities to grow and learn in a safe environment, by reclaiming an entire neighborhood from the effects of disinvestment by providing high quality affordable housing, and by building a community of shared values, trust and hope for the future, all grounded in the truth of God’s Word.
LifeBUILDERS is 501(c)(3) faith-based non-profit started in 2005 by Larry and Marilyn Johnson to focus on the challenges faced by the residents of Regent Park which are far greater than can be solved by city or state government and are far too great to be ignored. To begin addressing these challenges, LifeBUILDERS
* Holds weekly programs for youth in grades K - 12,
* Conducts three-week Summer Camps for kids in grades K - 5,
* Runs a Seniors Club that meets monthly,
* Conducts community building events in the Regent Park neighborhood, and
* Purchases and refurbishes houses for sale and rental.