Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Pair the student tutors and tutees. Tutees will receive academic help and tutors will have chance to improve their leadership and communication skills.
Chinese American Parents and Students Association (CAPSA) was founded in 1988 as a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization to help new immigrants and other needy families in adjusting to America. Since its founding, CAPSA has grown to over 250 members now. CAPSA programs and services include:
- Tutoring program - with over 250 participants;
- Cultural displays - in local libraries and schools;
- Cultural decoration - at Rockville Civic Center;
- Chinese paper cutting - supporting local events, e.g. Chinese New Year and Early Childhood Education;
- Workshops for parents -covering parenting and educational topics; and
- Participation in MCPS advisory committees - ESOL/Bilingual Advisory Committee and Grading & Reporting Implementation Team.