Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The mission of Team Interrupters Inc (TII) is to create innovative reentry models and assist public and private community stakeholder organizations by advancing programming currently in existence. The objective of TII is to facilitate a three-prong approach: Prevention - for high school youth confronted with negative internal and external environmental factors that often lead to criminal behavior; Pre-Release - creating exit strategies for those who are currently incarcerated; and Post-Release - for returning citizens who work with Peer-Bridgers to expand assistance re-assimilating into society after a period of incarceration. Peer-Bridgers are individuals with lived experience who understand the current landscape of support services in the City of Elizabeth and Union County.
The vision of Team Interrupters Inc. (TII) is to break the cycle of recidivism in the City of Elizabeth and the County of Union. The aim of TII is to assist every individual by providing effective referral, navigational, advocacy and motivational support services to enhance transitional success after incarceration and prevention programming to those who may have a moderate to high risk towards criminal behavior.
We specialize in:
- Providing Peer Bridger and Mentoring services for relationship building and effective communication for those transitioning back home from incarceration
- Effective referrals and impactful support services
- Preventative youth mentoring classes
- A practical substance education and intervention workshop
- Adult employment and educational services