Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
The Food Bank of Northern Indiana works in partnership with the community to feed the hungry, increase awareness of the effects of hunger and lead programs designed to alleviate hunger. The Food Bank of Northern Indiana serves Elkhart, Kosciusko, LaPorte, Marshall, Starke and St. Joseph Counties and is a member of Feeding America, Feeding Indiana’s Hungry (FIsH) and United Way.
Ongoing projects include:
- Sorting and separating food donations.
- Repacking/labeling bread and other food products (dry , frozen and perishable).
- Fulfilling orders in the warehouse.
- Assembling weekend food packs for our Food 4 Kids Backpack Program.
- Special cleaning and organization projects.
- Assisting with office operations including mailings, computer work and filing.
- Assisting clients in their shopping experience at the Community Food Pantry of St. Joseph County.