To be a professional organization which promotes interdisciplinary lifelong learning in, for, and about the outdoors and inspires an appreciation of the environment for all people.
The Center for Environmental Education and Discovery, CEED, is the Art & Nature Group's primary initiative to create a thriving epicenter that connects people with nature through a unique blend of environmental education and artistry. Serving Long Island from pre-school-age through adults, the vision of CEED includes: - A nature center with public programs & events
- Environmental education for schools, teachers, and the greater community
- Long Island's First Nature Retreat Center with overnight lodging
- Wildlife conservation demonstrations & programs
- Programs focused on nature journaling and art.
- Shared office and program space for environmental based non-profits
- The Dennis Puleston Environmental Education Library
- A Teaching Kitchen for nature & environmental based learning
- Youth Voices: a collection of nature-based stories, songs, and more from our visitors
- Showcasing of Green Technology in Action - Live animal ambassadors on-site - Plus much more!