Here's a sample of our volunteer opportunities:VIEW AS
Vet Corps Mission: Empower and support those who served, their families, and our communities.
The WDVA Vet Corps is funded through an AmeriCorps grant. Vet Corps members are stationed at many colleges throughout the state.
Vet Corps Members:
* Provide a peer connection for veterans new to higher education.
* Help the campus meet the needs of student veterans by connecting them to federal, state, and local benefits.
* Connect with other veterans on campuses so they can organize, partner, volunteer and serve on community service projects.
* Collaborate to create an on-campus veteran community and increase services to student veterans.
* Connect veterans recovering from Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI), Post Traumatic Stress (PTS) and PTS as a result Military Sexual Trauma to services, support groups, and the larger veteran community, while educating campus leaders and communities on veteran issues.
* Provide training and support to college faculty, staff and administration to increase awareness of student veterans’ needs.
Vet Corps Members make a positive difference in their communities and improve the quality of life for fellow veterans and themselves.